Muslim Style Mutton Biryani Recipe – Bai Biryani Recipe with step by step pictures
I made this few days back for a get together with few relatives. They all loved it so much and enjoyed it to the core. I thought of sharing this recipe in this blog for this ramzan but got a little busy with my sister wedding preparation. So i am sharing it now.
Hyderabadi Mutton Dum Biryani
Mughlai Chicken Dum Biryani
Chicken Kofta Dum Biryani
Fish Dum Biryani
Vegetable Dum Biryani
Mughlai Vegetable Dum Biryani
Mushroom Dum Biryani
Chicken White Rice
White Chicken Biryani
Brown Rice Egg Biryani
Chicken Dum Biryani
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Oil - ½ cup
- Coconut Oil - ¼ cup
- Cinnamon - 1 small piece
- Cardamom - 5
- Cloves - 4
- Onion - 5 large sliced thinly
- Shallots / Sambar Onion - 20 grind to a paste
- Ginger Garlic Paste - ½ cup
- Tomato - 4 large cubed
- Chilli Powder - 3 tblsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Leaves - 1 cup
- Mint Leaves - 1 cup
- Curd - 1 cup
- Green Chillies - 2 slit
- Lemon Juice - 2 tblsp
- Seeraga Samba Rice - 5 cups
- Water - 8 cup
- Mutton - 1 kg
- Roast & Grind: Cinnamon - 3 stick, Cardamom - 15 , Cloves - 1 tblsp
- Take cinnamon, cardamom and cloves in a dry pan and toast it well. Cool it down and powder it fine. Set aside.
- Heat oil and coconut oil in a pressure cooker or a wide pan.
- Add in cinnamon, cloves and cardamom and let it sizzle.
- Add in onions, pureed shallots and mix well. Cook that till golden brown.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Add in tomatoes and mix well. Cook that till mushy.
- Add in curd, green chillies and mix well.
- Add in mutton and salt and mix well.
- Add in all spice powder and mix well.
- Add in water and bring it to a boil. Cover and pressure cook for 5 to 6 whistle till mutton is done.
- Now add in rice, coriander leaves and mint leaves and mix well.
- Cook on high heat for 10 mins. Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Simmer the pan and cover with the lid. Dont put whistle.
- Simmer for 15 mins.
- Remove and fluff the rice.
1)Take cinnamon, cardamom, cloves in a dry pan. Roast till golden. Cool it down.
2) Now it is well roasted
3)Powder it fine and set aside
4)Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
5)Add coconut oil
6)Add in cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and let it sizzle
7)Add in sliced onions
8)Add in pureed shallots / sambar onion
10)Cook till golden brown
11)Add in ginger garlic paste
12)Add in tomatoes
13)Mix well and cook till it gets mushy
14)Add in mutton
16)Mix well for 10 mins or so.
17)Add in chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder
18)Add in yogurt and green chillies
19)Add in salt
20)Add in water
22)Cover and pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistle
23)Cook till mutton is done
24)Add in coriander leaves and mint leaves
25)Add in rice
26)Simmer the pan and cook for 10 mins or so
27)Now the rice is half cooked.
28)Add in lemon juice
30)Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 mins
31)Now it is done