Banana Puttu Recipe – Nendrapazham Puttu Recipe with Step wise pictures.
This is one of the best combination to eat puttu,if you have not tried this yet please give it a try..Puttu is one of the famous keralan dish..They usually have puttu with fish curry or kadala curry..I have posted ragi puttu, wheat puttu, tapioca puttu.
I used a typical puttu kolal for this, but if you don’t have that you could use a small bowl and put the coconut and flour mixture in layers and steam it,it will still come out great. But the only thing is you wont get the traditional shape for it.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Store Bought Rice Flour / Arisi Mavu - 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Sugar-3 tblsp + 3 tblsp
- Fresh Coconut - 1 cup grated
- Water around ¾ cup or as needed
- Ripe Banana / Nendrapazham - 2 cubed
- Take banana, sugar in a bowl and mix well.
- Take rice flour in a bowl..Add in salt,sugar and mix well.
- Gradually sprinkle in the water and rub with your fingers till it form coarse crumbs…It should be slightly wet.
- Now take a puttu kolal,first add some coconut,then add the flour mixture, banana and again coconut and continue till top like this.
- Place this in the steamer or the vessel where we will put this puttu kolal..and cook for 10 min.Now slowly remove it by pushing the puttu kolal with a spoon from the bottom.
- Serve it hot.
1)Take ripe nendrapazham
2)Peel off the skin and cut into cubes
3)Sprinkle some sugar over it
4)Mix well and set aside
5)Take rice flour in a bowl
6)Add in some salt
7)add in sugar
8)sprinkle in some water
9)rub with your fingers
10)rub it well
11)it should look wet and coarse
12)take a puttu kolal
13)put the holed disc inside
14)first sprinkle in coconut
15)spoon some rice flour mix
16)Top with the bananas
17)Now add more coconut
18)Top with flour
19)Top with banana
20)Top with coconut
21)Steam cook for 10 mins