Rice Kozhukattai Recipe – Kara Pidi Kozhukattai Recipe – Upma Kozhukattai Recipe with Step wise pictures.
Delicious soft kozhukattai recipe made using raw rice. It is so easy to make and so delicious to eat. Perfect for breakfast too.
This has become one of my favorite kozhukattai, it was so soft in texture and i loved the taste of that too. I am a big fan of steamed dumplings, i have quite a few recipe here in my blog too. You can check out all of them here.
This recipe was on my mind ever since i made rice flour at home, It is super easy to make and taste so yummy.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Raw Rice - 1 cup
- Coconut - ½ cup
- Oil - 1 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu Paruppu - 1 tblsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi a pinch
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Water - 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Take raw rice in a blender and powder it coarsely.
- Heat oil in a pan, add in mustard seeds, urad dal and let it sizzle. Add in curry leaves, asafoetida and green chillies. Mix well.
- Add in water and bring it to a boil.
- Add in salt and coconut and mix well.
- Add in rice rava and mix well. Cover and cook for 15 mins.
- Shape it into balls and steam for 10 mins.
1)Take Raw Rice in a blender and powder coarsely.
3)Now rice is powdered
4)Heat oil in a pan, add in mustard and urad dal
5)Add in some asafoetida
6)Let it brown
7)Add in curry leaves and green chillies
8)Fry them for a min
9)Add in water
11)Now add in coconut
12)Mix well and bring everything to a boil
13)Add powdered rice
15)Simmer the flame and cook everything for 10 to 15 mins
16)Now it is done
17)Shape it into dumplings and steam for 10 mins