Chana Dal Paratha Recipe – Stuffed Dal Ka Paratha Recipe with step wise pictures.
Chana dal parata or dal paratha taste amazing and healthy. This paratha is super easy to make and is very nutritious. You can serve it with some plain yogurt and pickle.
This is a protein rich paratha and specially great for kids. You can put this in their lunch box as well.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Wheat Flour / Atta – 1 cup + extra if needed
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Oil – 1 tblspn + for making paratha
- Water as needed
- Oil - 1 tblsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida / Kaya Podi / Hing - ¼ tsp
- Onion - 1 medium size chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chana Dal - 1 cup
- Start by making dough, take flour, salt, oil in a bowl. rub well so oil is mixed in with the flour.
- Add in water slowly and knead to a soft smooth dough. Cover the dough with a bowl and set aside for 30 mins.
- Pressure cook chana dal for 2 to 3 whistle. Drain it and mash it roughly and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin and asafoetida and let them sizzle.
- Add in onions, chillies and saute for 2 mins.
- Add in salt and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add in chana dal and mix well. Mash it well. Set aside to cool.
- Take small portion of dough, spread it gently. Spoon some dal filling in and seal the edges.
- Now roll it gently.
- Now put it on a hot pan and drizzle with oil. Cook till light brown on both sides.
1)First lets make the dough..Take wheat flour in a bowl
2)Add in some salt
3)Drizzle in some oil
4)Use your hands to rub it well
5)This makes sure that the oil is mixed in with the flour nicely
6)Pour in water and start kneading
7)Add more water as needed
8)You should be keep on kneading the dough till you get a soft smooth dough like this
9)Cover the dough and let it rest for 30 mins..
10)Now make filling. Cook chana dal till completely soft.
11)Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds
12)Add some asafoetida
13)Let them sizzle
14)Add in chopped onions and chillies
15)Saute for a min.
16)Add salt and turmeric powder
17)Add cooked chana dal.
18)Mash it well. Set aside to cool.
19) Take small portion of dough. Flatten it and place some filling in
20)Seal the edges
21)Roll it into a chapati
22)Place it on a hot pan
23)Flip over and cook.
24)Apply some ghee on top.
25)Cook till golden on both sides