Dal Bukhara Recipe – Dal Bhukara Recipe with step wise pictures.
This creamy indulgent dal bukhara recipe is popular in ITC hotel menu. This is similar to dal makhani and infact more delicious.
This is a great dish for parties because it is so rich and creamy. This is a perfect dish to make your kids eat dal,since this one don’t taste like the usual dal recipe. I cooked this in ghee. If you want it to be very rich you could cook this entirely in butter. You could even skip the cream with milk..
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Whole Black Urad Dal - 1 cup
- Oil or Butter - ¼ cup
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1 large chopped very finely
- Green Chillies - 1 chopped finely
- Tomato - 3 pureed
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tblsp
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tblsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Kasuri Methi Leaves - 2 tblsp
- Fresh Cream - ¼ cup
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Leaves - 4 tblsp chopped finely
- Pressure cook whole urad dal with skin for 4 to 5 whistle. Take it off the heat and let the steam escape. Open and set aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add cumin and let them sizzle.
- Add in onions, chillies and saute for a min,
- Add in ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Add tomato puree and cook for 5 mins.
- Add salt and spice powders and mix well.
- Add in cooked dal along with liquid.
- Add extra water and mix well.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 mins.
- Add in kasuri methi leaves and cream. Mix well.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well.
1)Heat ghee or oil in a pan. You can use butter as well.
2)Add in cumin seeds
3)Let them sizzle. Then add chopped onions
4)Add in ginger garlic paste
5)Add in chillies
6)Add in tomato puree
8)Add spice powders
11)Add in cooked whole black urad dal
13)Simmer for few mins
14)Add in dried fenugreek leaves
15)add some cream
18)Take it off the heat