Soupy Chicken Curry Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious soupy chicken curry which taste so delicious with some hot rice or some parota or roti. This can be made using nattu kozhi chicken as well.
This is a simple chicken curry made using fresh spices. This chicken dish is so easy to make, you need basic ingredients. If you use small chicken pieces then it will be more tasty. It has a little saucy texture and taste amazing.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Coconut Oil - 3 tblsp
- Onion - 2 large
- Garlic - 5 cloves
- Tomato - 2 large pureed
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 1 tblsp
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder - 1 tblsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tblsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
- Chicken - 500 grams
- Coriander Leaves - 3 tblsp chopped finely
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
- Grind onion and garlic till coarse.
- Add in onion puree and saute for 5 mins.
- Add in tomato puree and cook till raw smell leaves.
- Add in spice powders and salt and mix well.
- Add in chicken and mix well.
- Add water and cover and cook for 2 whistle for normal chicken and 6 whistle for country chicken.
- Take it off the heat and let the steam escape by itself.
- Add in pepper powder and coriander leaves.
- Serve over rice.
1)Take garlic in a blender
2)Add in onions
3)Grind till coarse
4)Grind tomatoes till smooth
5)Heat oil in a pressure cooker
6)Add in onion puree
7)Saute for 2 to 4 mins
8)Add in turmeric powder
9)Add in tomatoes
11)Add in spice powder
12)Add in salt
13)Cook till raw smell leaves
14)Add chicken. I used country chicken / Nattu koli chicken
18)Pressure cook for 5 to 6 whsitle. If using normal chicken cook for 2 whistle.
19)Add coriander leaves
20)Add pepper powder