Aloo methi paratha with step by step pictures. Potatoes and methi stuffed inside paratha taste delicious.
Ingredients for Aloo Methi Paratha
Dried Fenugreek Leaves : When compared to celery, dried fenugreek leaves have a slightly bitter and earthy flavour, with a sweet finish akin to maple syrup.
Potatoes : Potatoes are high in fibre, which can aid weight loss by keeping you fuller for longer. By keeping cholesterol and blood sugar levels in check, fibre can help avoid heart disease. Potatoes are also high in antioxidants, which help to prevent
diseases, as well as vitamins, which aid in good bodily function.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Aloo Methi Paratha | Aloo Methi Paratha Recipe
- For Dough:
- Wheat Flour / Atta - 1 cup + extra if needed
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves / Kasurimethi - 2 tblspn
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Water as needed
- Oil for making paratha
- For Filling:
- Potatoes - 2 boiled peeled and mashed
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1tsp
- Onion - 1 small chopped finely
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder- 1 tsp
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves / Kasurimethi - ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Start by making dough, take flour, salt, methi leaves in a bowl. rub well.Add in water slowly and knead to a soft smooth dough. Cover the dough with a bowl and set aside for 30 mins.
- Boiled potatoes, peeled and mash well. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add in cumin, add onions and saute for a min. Add all spice powders, salt and mix well.
- Add methi leaves and mix well.
- Add this into the potatoes and mix well. Set this mix in a bowl and let it cool down. Divide it into equal balls.
- Take the dough and divide into equal balls. Take a ball and roll it out lightly.
- Place filling in it and seal the edges, use a rolling pin to roll the paratha evenly.
- Heat a tawa, put the paratha on hot tawa, cook for few sec, flip over, spread some oil over it, spread again, spread some more oil over it and cook on both sides till golden.Remove and serve hot.
Aloo Methi Paratha with Pictures
|Start by making the dough, take wheat flour in a bowl|