It is the festival season, it is time to celebrate. Lots of cooking, lots of eating, lots of fun & ofcourse lots of shopping. I love to indulge myself in this festive mood and do a whole lot of shopping. I have already purchased lots of cookwares & food props. While Hubby himself is looking for few furnitures for the house which we were planning to get this time of the year. Because we can get the best deal during the festive season.
You all know that I love shopping online, and during this time we have been getting lots of deals on furnitures. We have been loving urban ladder lately and doing lots of shopping there. I am seeing some Amazing furniture from Urban ladder and been loving them. They are having so many deals and discounts for diwali. I hope you will check them out if you are looking for some cool furnitures.
Now getting back to todays festive recipe, I am gonna share you how to make the most decadent Banana Halwa.
Banana Halwa Recipe - Balehannu Halwa Recipe
Super delicious halwa recipe made using bananas. It has a caramel added into it which gives a lovely aroma and flavour to this halwa.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
📖 Recipe Card
Banana Halwa Recipe
- Banana - 5 mashed or pureed
- Sugar - ¼ cup + 1 cup
- Ghee - ½ cup to ¾ cup
- Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp
- Water - ¼ cup
- Cashews & Kishmish - as needed
- Heat 2 tblsp ghee in a nonstick pan, add pureed banana and mix well. Add ¼ cup sugar and mix well.
- Cook everything till it gets really thick and leaves the sides.
- In the mean time, take 1 cup sugar and ¼ cup water in a sauce pan and mix well. Bring it to a boil. Cook everything till the sugar reaches caramel stage.
- Pour this over the banana and mix well.
- Continue cooking, add ghee as needed.
- Heat ghee in a pan, fry cashews and kishmish.
- Add this into the halwa and mix well. Cook till it leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Transfer it into a greased pan and cool it down.
- Slice and serve.
1)Grease a pan with ghee and set aside
2)Heat some ghee in a nonstick pan, add mashed bananas and set aside
3)Add in sugar and mix well.
4)Cook that till it gets thicken
5)Now it has got really thick
6)And it has started to leave the sides
7) While it is cooking on one flame, take sugar in a sauce pan
8)Add little water
9)Place it on flame and boil till sugar melts
10)Once it boils you have to cook till it reaches caramel stage
11)The colour of the sugar syrup will determine the colour of the halwa.
12)Add the caramel into the banana
14)Now keep cooking, add ghee as needed
15)Heat ghee in a pan,
16)Add almonds, cashew
17)Add in raisans
18)Fry till golden
19)Add this into the halwa along with ghee and mix well
20)Now cook the halwa till it leaves the sides
21) Add cardamom powder
23)Spoon into the greased pan. Cool it down and slice into pieces
24)Slice into pieces