Beetroot & Carrot Khichdi for Babies – Instant Lunch for Babies with step wise pictures.
Healthy and highly nutritious beetroot, carrot dal khichdi for your babies which can be made under 10 mins. This is high in protein and carb.
I made this using my rice and dal porridge mix. I added beets and carrots in this to make it more nutritious. I added garlic and asafoetida for flavor and taste. Also it helps in digestion. This is best for lunch.
You can start this powder for babies above 8 months.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
For making sweet porridge, add some jaggery syrup to it. But mahima is not a fan of sweet stuffs, so i use salt and ghee.
- Beetroot - 1/4 cup grated
- Carrot - 1/4 cup grated
- Rice & Mixed Dal Porridge Powder - 2 to 3 tblsp
- Water - 1 cup
- Garlic - 2 cloves grated
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Pure Desi Ghee as needed
- Take all ingredients except salt and ghee in a sauce pan and cook till the powder is cooked and the porridge is thick.
- Add salt and ghee and mix well.
- Spoon it into serving bowl and feed.
1)Take grated carrots and beetroots in a sauce pan.
2)Add in the rice and dal health mix. Recipe here
3)Add in some asafoetida
4)Add in grated garlic
5)Add in water
6)Put it in on heat
7)Bring it to a boil and cook till it gets thick
8)Now the porridge is done
9)Add some salt.
11)Add in ghee