Beetroot Stir Fry in Microwave with step by step pictures. Easy way to cook beetroots using microwave.
This is another dish which I made using that. A quick and simple stir fry which takes no time to cook. It is just so easy peasy to make but taste so fresh and healthy. The cool thing about cooking in microwave is it helps to retain all the nutrients in that vegetable since you are not cooking it for so long. This is one such dish.
Beetroots are so healthy for you..It has tons of vitamins and minerals in it..It purifies your blood and makes you healthy. I have even heard that beetroots makes you fairer. I don't know whether it is true or not, but its good for you. And one more thing about beetroots is it can be used as a lip stick, just take a piece of beet and rub over your lips, you will get a pinky pinky lips.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Beetroot Stir Fry in Microwave
- Beetroots - 2 medium size ones Grated
- Coconut - 4 tblspn
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- For Seasoning:
- Oil - 1 tblspn
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundam Paruppu - 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chilli - 2
- Curry Leaves - 1 spring
- Take a microwave safe bowl, add oil along with all the ingredients given in the seasoning list.
- Mix everything together in the oil and microwave for a min.
- Remove that from the oven and mix well.
- Add beetroots in that and toss well. Pour a splash of water (about 3 tblspn) and mix well.
- Cover with a microwave safe lid and microwave for 5 mins.
- Remove from the oven and give a stir.
- Add in salt, sugar, coconut and mix well.
- Cover again with the lid and microwave for 5 mins.
- Remove from microwave and give one final stir.
- Serve with rice and gravy.
Beetroot Stir Fry in Microwave with step by step pictures
|Take all your ingredients|
|Grate your beets|
|Take all your seasoning ingredients in a microwave safe bowl along with some oil|
|and mix well|
|Microwave for 1 min|
|remove it and mix well|
|Now add beets and mix well|
|pour a splash of water|
|cover with a microwave safe lid|
|microwave for 5 mins|
|now take it out and mix well|
|add salt and sugar|
|and microwave for 5 mins|