Brinjal Garlic Kuzhambu Recipe - Kathirikai Poondu Puli Kulambu Recipe with step wise pictures.
Brinjal garlic puli kuzhambu is a easy sidedish for rice or roti. You can enjoy it with some hot rice and taste so delicious. Brinjal garlic kuzhambu is so delicious with some hot rice and fish or chicken as a side. If you are vegetarian enjoy with some poriyal or curries.
This is one of the easiest curry which you could ever make. Not only it is easy it is very fast to make. It needs just basic ingredients and this method i am showing is super easy. This curry taste great when made with kulambu milagai podi. You can balance the curry with little sugar if you want.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Brinjal Garlic Kuzhambu Recipe
- Oil - 3 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - ½ tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds / Methi / Vendayam - ¼ tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi a pinch
- Cumin Seeds / Jeera - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1 chopped
- Garlic - 10 cloves peeled
- Tomato - 1 chopped
- Chettinad Kuzhambu Milagai Powder - 3 tblsp
- Tamarind - 1 small lemon size
- Water as needed
- Salt to taste
- Sugar / Jaggery to taste
- Heat oil, add in mustard, cumin, fenugreek and asafoetida.
- Add in onions and garlic and saute for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add in tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Add in spice powders, salt and sugar and mix well.
- Add in tamarind water and enough water and simmer for 15 mins.
1)Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and cumin seeds.
2)Add in a touch of asafoetida
3)Add in chopped garlic and onions
4)Saute for a min
5)Add in tomatoes
6)Saute for 2 to 3 mins.
7)Add in chopped brinjal
8)Saute them for 3 to 4 mins
9)Now the raw smell has gone.
10)Add in salt and kuzhambu masala powder
11)Saute for a min.
12)Add in tamarind juice and some water
13)Add enough water as needed.
14)Add in sugar
15)Simmer for 10 mins