Cauliflower poriyal recipe with step by step pictures. Simple gobi poriyal recipe made three ways. Super pair with rice, roti or any main dishes.
Simple everyday cauliflower poriyal which has simple ingredients and spices. Super delicious with rice and rasam.Easy and delicious cauliflower varuval which can be paired with rasam rice or used as a filling for roti.
I am calling this my everyday cauliflower poriyal, since it can be made in a jiffy. This is a simple recipe which can be made in less than 15 mins. If you have already boiled cauliflower and kept in fridge then you can make this in under 5 to 6 mins.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Version 1 : Cauliflower Poriyal (Simple)
1)Take cauliflower in a pan
2)Add little water
3)Add a pinch of salt.
4)Cook till cauliflower is done. Drain and set aside.
5)Heat oil in a kadai. Add cauliflower
7)Cook till it gets nicely browned
9)Add in chilli powder and turmeric powder
10)Add salt to taste
Version 2: Cauliflower Poriyal Recipe
You all know about my love for cauliflower..This is one more addition to my recipe folder. It is so easy to make and amma makes this type of poriyal often than anything else..It is so flavourful and spicy, takes only less time to make..You can make this in any busy morning days..Rice, Rasam and Cauliflower poriyal is enough to fullfil a yummy lunch.
Ingredients for Cauliflower Poriyal
- Cauliflower – 3 cups cut into bite size florets
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tblspn
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku – 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Oil- 4 tblspn
- Salt to taste
Cauliflower Poriyal Preparation
- Boil lots of water in a sauce pan. Add salt and cauliflower and cook for 10 mins untill the cauliflower is cooked. Drain it and set aside.
- Heat 1 tblspn of oil in a kadai. mustard and cumin seeds. Add ginger and garlic paste and mix well.
- Add in cooked cauliflower and mix well. some salt and toss well.
- Simmer the flame and cover with a lid and let it cook for 5 mins.
- Now add in chilli and garam masala powder and mix well.
- Add in 2 tblspn of oil and increase the heat to a high. Let everything crisp up, it will take 5 mins.
- Serve with rice.
|Take all your ingredients|
|Cook your cauliflower|
|Add mustard and cumin to oil|
|add ginger and garlic paste|
|add some salt|
|simmer and cover the pan|
|cauliflower is completely cooked now|
|add chilli and garam masala powder|
|drizzle some more oil to allow the gobi to crisp up|
More Poriyal Recipes
Version 3: Cauliflower Varuval Recipe
Cauliflower Poriyal , one of my favorite vegetable. I often make this poriyal and serve it with rice and rasam. They taste heavenly. Give this a try and let me know how it turned out..
Preparation Time : 10 mins
Cooking Time : 30 mins
Serves : 3 to 4
- Cauliflower - 3 cups cut into florets
- Onion - 1 small sliced thinly
- Green Chilli - 1 slit
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder / Manjal podi - 1 tsp + 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tblspn
- Cilantro / Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Oil - 3 tblspn
- Take cauliflower in a sauce pan and add some salt and turmeric powder to it, boil it for 5 mins. Drain it and wash in lots of cold water. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add in mustard, curry leaves and let it sizzle.
- Now add in onions and green chillies and saute for a couple of mins.
- Add in cooked gobi and toss well.
- Now add in all the spice powders and mix well.
- Cook on a low heat for 15 to 20 mins till it is well browned and caramelized.
- Add in coriander leaves and mix well.
- Serve with Rice and Rasam.
📖 Recipe Card
Cauliflower Poriyal | Cauliflower Poriyal Recipe
- Cauliflower - 1 medium size cut into florets
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Chilli Powder to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Take cauliflower, salt and water in a pot. Cook till cauliflower is tender. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pot. Add in cauliflower and toss well.
- Cook till it gets golden.
- Add in salt, chilli powder and turmeric powder. Toss well.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.