Chicken Fried – Chicken Gravy / Fried Chicken Gravy with Step wise pictures
This is a very unusual recipe for me. But i came across in pinterest i think. It looked so delicious that i wanted to try it immediately. Eventhough the recipe sounds unusual and complicated. It is very easy to make, a delicious crispy fried chicken topped with a creamy garlic flavoured sauce and served with french fries on the side.
I enjoyed it so much that i am gonna make it often.
Top 21 Grilled Chicken Recipes
Barbeque Chicken Over Homemade Barbeque Stand
Thai Sticky Chicken
Oven Fried Chicken
Grilled Whole Chicken
Honey Lemon Chicken
Garlic Baked Chicken
Grill Cajun Chicken
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Boneless Chicken Thighs - 6
- Buttermilk - 1 cup
- Pepper Powder - 1 tsp+ 2 tsp
- Paprika Powder - 1 tsp+ 1 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1.5 cup + 2 tsp
- Garlic Powder - 1 tblsp
- Butter - 1 tblsp
- Milk - 1 cup
- Garlic - 1 clove grated
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- French Fries for serving
- First prepare marinate for chicken. Bash chicken thighs into little thin cutlets. Set aside.
- Take buttermilk, 1 tsp of black pepper, paprika and salt and mix well.
- Add chicken thigh in and mix well. Leave to marinate for 2 hours in fridge. Remove from fridge 30 mins before making.
- Now make the outer coating, take all purpose flour in a bowl, add 2 tsp of black pepper, 1 tblsp of paprika, 1 tblsp of garlic powder and salt to taste. Mix well. Set aside.
- Now make sauce. Take butter in a nonstick pan, add 1 tsp of flour and mix well. Stir fry till flour is cooked little. Add in garlic and mix well. Add in milk slowly and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix well. Set aside.
- Take chicken from marinate, coat it in flour and set aside to dry for 5 mins.
- Heat oil for frying, once the oil is hot, add chicken in and fry till golden brown on both sides about 5 to 6 mins on each side.
- Serve it in a plate, along side with french fries and the sauce.
1)I used some boneless chicken thighs
2)Use a rolling pin to bash the chicken and flatten it out
3)For the marinate, take some buttermilk or add some water to plain yogurt / curd to thin it out
4)Add salt to taste
5)Add some paprika and black pepper
7)Add the chicken in
8)mix well and leave it to marinate for 2 hours or overnight
9)Now make the outer flour coating. Take all purpose flour in a bowl
10)Add in salt
11)Add in paprika and pepper powder
12)Add in garlic powder
14)Now make the gravy. Heat butter in a pan
15)Add in some flour
16)Whisk well and cook for 2 mins till raw smell leaves from it
17)Add in some garlic, you can use some garlic powder as well
18)Add in some milk
19)Whisk till smooth
20)Take sauce should coat the spoon
21)Add salt and pepper to taste
22)Mix well..gravy is done
23)Take chicken from the marinate
24)Coat it in the flour
25)Coat it well
26)Let it sit and dry for 5 mins
27)Heat oil for frying
28)Drop chicken in hot oil
29)Fry till golden in the bottom
30)Flip and cook
31)Drain in some paper towel
32) I fried some french fries
33)Serve chicken with some gravy