Chilli Rajma Recipe – Spicy Chilli Rajma Curry Recipe with step wise pictures.
Spicy chilli rajma curry is super easy to make and takes literally few ingredients. This rajma curry goes well with rice or roti.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Rajma - 1 cup
- Mustard Oil - 4 tblsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tblsp
- Cumin Powder - 2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Green Chillies - 3 chopped finely
- Ginger - 1 tblsp grated
- Garlic - 1 tblsp grated
- Coriander Leaves a handful chopped
- Soak rajma overnight. Take it in a pressure cooker. Cover with water and pressure cook for 7 to 8 whistle till it is cooked. Take it off the heat and let the pressure escape by itself. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and let it sizzle.
- Add in chillies, ginger and garlic and saute for a min.
- Add in spice powders and little water. Let the spices cook for a min.
- Add cooked rajma and mix well.
- Add salt and coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Simmer for 5 mins.
- Serve with rice.
1)Heat mustard oil in a kadai
2)Add cumin seeds
3)Add in chopped green chillies, ginger and garlic
4)Add in chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder and turmeric powder
5)Add little water and cook the spices
6)Add cooked rajma with the cooking liquid
10)Add coriander leaves