Chutney Idli Recipe - Coconut Chutney Idli Bowl Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious chutney idli which is not only tasty but is perfect for breakfast. This is a hotel style recipe and is so yummy.
Green Capsicum Chutney
Red Capsicum Chutney
Chilli Garlic Chutney
Onion Tomato Chutney
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Chutney Idli Recipe
- Idli Batter as needed
- Coconut - 1 cup grated
- Roasted Gram Dal / Pori Kadalai - ¼ cup
- Green Chillies - 4 to 5
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Salt to taste
- Tamarind a small piece
- Coriander Leaves - ¼ cup
- Water as needed
- Coconut Oil - 1 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - ½ tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu paruppu - ½ tsp
- Dry Red Chillies - 2 broken into small pieces
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Grind the chutney ingredients with some boiling water till smooth.
- Take it in a bowl. Add in hot water and make it thin.
- Heat oil in a pan, add seasoning ingredients and let them sizzle.
- Pour this over the chutney and mix well.
- Make idlies in mini idli plates.
- Arrange idly in a bowl. Pour over chutney and serve.
2)I made mini idlies
3)Cover and steam
4)Now it is done
5)Make chutney. Take coconut in a blender
6)Add in roasted gram dal
7)Add in garlic cloves
8)Add in green chillies
9)Add in tamarind
10)Add in salt
11)Time to grind
12)Grind till smooth
13)Transfer to a bowl
14)Add hot water
15)Pour it into the chutney
18)Pour over chutney
20)Take idlies in a bowl
You are my inspiration
Hi arthi ur big fan you r inspiring mee
Why to add hot water and not room temperature water to chutney?