Couscous with Peri Peri Chicken with Step by Step Pictures.
If you are looking for a quite weeknight dinner recipe then this is the perfect one. It takes just 30 mins to make and is absolutely delicious.
The chicken is so spicy and juicy as well. When paired with couscous it is amazing.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Couscous With Peri Peri Chicken - Weeknight Meals
- Boneless Chicken Thighs - 4
- Peri Peri Seasoning as needed
- Olive Oil - 2 tblsp
- Onion - 1 sliced
- Capsicum - 1 sliced
- Garlic - 4 cloves
- Water - ¼ cup
- Couscous - 1 cup
- Boiling Water - 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Olive Oil or Butter - 2 tsp
- Heat a cast iron pan.
- Sprinkle peri peri seasoning over chicken. Place this in the cast iron pan and cook for 2 to 3 mins on each side.
- Now add in onions, garlic and bell peppers. Add little water.
- Place this in a 180 degree C preheated oven for 15 mins.
- When the chicken is cooking. Heat oil in a sauce pan, add couscous and toast it for 2 to 3 mins.
- Now take it off the heat. Add salt and hot water. Cover with lid and let it stay for 10 mins.
- After 10 mins, fluff up the cous cous.
- Serve with the chicken.
1)Take chicken in a plate. I used chicken thighs
2)I used peri peri seasoning
3)Sprinkle all over the chicken
4)Heat olive oil in a cast iron pan
5)place chicken in and sear on both sides till golden brown. It will take 2 to 3 mins on each side
6)Now it is time to flip
7)Cook for 3 more mins on the side too.
8)Now add in onions
9)Add in sliced Capsicum
10)Add in garlic cloves
11)Sprinkle over some peri peri seasoning
12)Add little water
13)Bring it to a boil
14)Pop it into the oven and cook for 15 mins
16)Heat olive oil in a pan.
17)Add in couscous
18)Add in ½ cup couscous
19)Toast for 2 mins or so
20)Toast till done
21)Add in salt
22)Now it is toasted. Turn off the heat
23)Turn off the heat and Add in hot water
25)Place a lid and cover it for atleast 10 mins
26)Now the couscous is done
27)Fluff up the couscous
29)Meanwhile the chicken is done as well