White Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies Recipe with Step by Step Pictures. White chocolate and cranberry is a match made in heaven. The sweetness of white chocolate goes well with tartness of cranberry. This is a perfect christmas cookie recipe.
Christmas has started in yummy tummy aarthi kitchen. Christmas is one of my favorite holiday season. Because i have an excuse to do lots of baking. This is this first recipe which i made for christmas. And dont you worry i will be sharing many more christmas baking recipes.
White chocolate and cranberry cookies is one of the simplest cookie recipe you could ever make. This recipe is adapted from nigella lawson christmas cookbook. I love that cookbook so much, and each christmas i used to bake lots of recipes from that book.
The white chocolate is sweet and the cranberry is tart which goes perfectly well with this cookies. The addition of oatmeal in this not only makes it delicious but gives some texture to the cookies.
You will love my white chocolate and raisin cookies too.
Here are some tips for christmas baking.
Can you freeze cookie dough?
Freezing cookie dough is not advisable. Bake and then freeze the cooled cookies in sealable bags or containers upto 3 months. Thaw at room temperature.
How long can i store the cookies?
You can bake the cookies 5 days ahead. Cool and store in air tight container between sheets of parchment paper.
We enjoyed baking this cookie together.
If you are looking for microwave cookie recipe, check my microwave chocolate chips cookie
White Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies Recipe
- Unsalted Butter - 8 tblsp
- Brown Sugar - ½ cup 100 grams
- Sugar - ½ cup 100 grams
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Egg - 1
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 cup 120 grams
- Quick Cooking Oats - 1 cup 90 grams
- Baking Powder - ½ tsp
- Salt - ½ tsp
- White Chocolate Chips - ¾ cup
- Dried Cranberries - ½ cup
MY 1 CUP MEASURES 240 ML
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Take butter and both sugars in a bowl and whisk till creamy.
- Add in eggs, vanilla and mix well.
- Add in flour, oats, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Add in cranberries and white chocolate and mix well.
- Scoop 1 tblsp measure of the dough into a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Pop this in oven and bake for 15 mins. Remove and cool completely.
- Serve or store in a air tight container.
2)Bake and then freeze the cooled cookies in sealable bags or containers upto 3 months. Thaw at room temperature.
3)You can bake the cookies 5 days ahead. Cool and store in air tight container between sheets of parchment paper.
4)Any chopped nuts can be added in this cookies.
5)You can use chopped white chocolate instead of white chocolate chips.
1)Preheat oven to 180 degree c. Take unsalted soft butter in a bowl
2)Add brown sugar
3)Add normal sugar
5)Add in egg
8)Add in all purpose flour
9)Add in quick cooking oats
10)Add baking powder
12)Add white chocolate chips
14)Use 1 tblsp measure
15)Place it in a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
16)Bake for 15 mins
Check out other recipes to