Eggless Fruit Cake Cookies Recipe - Christmas Recipes with stepwise pictures.
Super delicious fruit cake cookies which taste so yummy. These cookies are not those crispy kind, it is soft and chewy cookies which is perfect for this christmas.
I got this idea of baking a fruit cake cookies from ina garten. I took that recipe and changed it into eggless version and it turned out perfect.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
📖 Recipe Card
Eggless Fruit Cake Cookies Recipe
- Unsalted Butter - ½ cup 100 grams
- Brown Sugar - ¼ cup
- Sugar - ¼ cup
- Honey - 1 tblsp
- Dried Fruits - 2 cups
(I used ½ cup raisans,¼ cup sultanas, ¼ cup currants, ⅛ cup dates, ⅛ cup candied peels, ⅛ cup prunes & ⅛ cup of mixed dried fruits like strawberries, kiwi, ginger, pineapple & cherries)
- Rum or Orange Juice or Wine - 2 tblsp
- Almonds - ½ cup chopped finely
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 ⅓ cup
- Cinnamon Powder - 1 tsp
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- Take all dried fruits in a bowl add some rum or orange juice or wine and toss well. Let it steep for 1 to 2 days.
- Take butter, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla and honey in a bowl and whisk well till creamy.
- Add in the dried fruits and mix well.
- Add in cinnamon and mix well.
- Add in all purpose flour and mix to a dough.
- Take it in a plastic wrap and roll it into a log. Chill for 2 to 3 hours in fridge.
- In the last 10 mins, preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Cut the log into ½ inch thick slices and arrange it in a baking pan.
- Pop it in oven and bake for 15 to 20 mins.
- Remove it and cool it down..
- Store it in a air tight container.
1)Take your dried fruits. I used more than i needed for this recipe because i wanted to makes someother recipes using these fruits too.
2)Take it in a container
3)Add in rum or wine or orange juice.
4)Mix well and leave to steep in fridge for a week or atleast 2 days.
5)This is how it looks after it is been steeping for 1 week.
1)Take butter in a bowl.
2)Add in sugar and brown sugar
3)Add in cinnamon
4)Add in vanilla
6)Add in honey
7)Add in dried fruits
8)Add in almonds
9)Add in flour
10)Mix to a dough
11)Spoon it into the plastic wrap
12)Roll it into a log like. Chill for couple of hours.
13)Peel off the cling wrap
14)Slice it into thick slices
15)Arrange it in a baking pan
16)Bake in a 180 degree C preheated oven to 15 to 20 mins.
17)Cool them and store in a air tight container.