Garlic Chutney Recipe with Step by Step Pictures. Simple poondu chutney recipe made with garlic, coconut, chillies which are roasted and ground. This taste amazing with idli, dosa.
This one is a simple yet tasty chutney. It is packed with tons and tons of garlic flavour with a little kick from the chillies. This goes perfect with hot spongy idli or dosa.
Ingredients for Garlic Chutney
- Coconut-1 cup
- Dry Red Chilli-4
- Garlic-10 cloves
- Tamarind – a small piece (if using paste use 1 tsp)
- Salt to taste
- Oil-1 tblspn
For Seasoning / Tempering:
- Oil-1 tblspn
- Mustard seeds / Kaduku-1 tsp
- Urad Dal / Ulundu-1 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi- ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
How to Make Poondu Chutney Recipe
Sauteing Ingredients for Chutney
Heat 1 tblspn of oil , Add in dry red chilli and garlic in it and fry for 5 mins. Add in coconut and mix well. Fry this for 2 mins. Allow this to cool down.
Grinding Chutney Ingredients
Take this in blender. Add in tamarind and salt and make into a fine puree by adding some water. Empty this in a bowl.
Tempering for Garlic Chutney
Now make seasoning. Heat oil and add in mustard and urad dal. Add asafoetida and curry leaves and pour this over the chutney. Mix well and serve with idli and dosa.
📖 Recipe Card
Garlic Chutney Recipe | Poondu Chutney Recipe
- Heat 1 tblspn of oil. Add in dry red chilli and garlic in it and fry for 5 mins.
- Add in coconut and mix well. Fry this for 2 mins. Allow this to cool down.
- Take this in blender. Add in tamarind and salt and make into a fine puree by adding some water. Empty this in a bowl.
- Now make seasoning by heating oil and add in mustard and urad dal. Add asafoetida and curry leaves and pour this over the chutney.
- Mix well and serve with idli and dosa.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Garlic Chutney Recipe Step by Step Pictures
|Take all your ingredients|
|Heat oil in a kadai|
|fry some chillies|
|add in garlic|
|fry till golden..|
|add in coconut|
|fry for few minutes|
|take this in a blender|
|add in tamarind|
|pour some water|
|and make into fine puree|
|empty this in a bowl|
|heat oil for seasoning|
|mustard and urad dal|
|add in asafoetida|
|add in curry leaves|
|pour the seasoning over the chutney|
|and mix well|