Pumpkin Puree Recipe with step by step pictures. Fresh pumpkin puree made homemade with pumpkins.
Pumpkin Puree Recipe
If you think of halloween the first thing which comes to your mind is pumpkins which plays a crucial part. The most important and familiar stuffs like cakes , cupcakes and many more has pumpkins in it. So I thought of making the same and show you here. The first thing which I made is a huge batch of homemade easy pumpkin puree. Many people roast pumpkin and make puree out of it. But somehow I am not in the mood, so I took the easy way and made it by steaming. I would recommend you to give this a try because it makes life so easier.
So make this batch immediately so that we can go ahead and make pumpkin pancakes, waffles, cupcake, cakes and many more in the coming days.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook,Pinterest ,Youtube and Twitter for more Yummy Tummy inspiration.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Pumpkin Puree Recipe
- Fresh Whole Pumpkin - 1 Use small pumpkin
- Take your pumpkin, cut them in half, scoop the seeds out, peel it off, cut them into small pieces and throw them into a large pot.
- Now cover them with water and clamp a lid on top and heat it up.
- Let this come to a boil, now simmer the pot and cook for 25-30 mins.
- Check to see whether the pumpkin is cooked by pricking it with a fork. It should be so soft.
- Now drain them in a colander.
- Transfer this to a food processor and puree them to a smooth pulp.
- Allow them to cool down.
- Now scoop them to a freezer bag and freeze it or use it immediately.
2.You can freeze them for 6 months, You can store them in the fridge for upto a week in an air tight container.
I love pumpkin and it's nice to bake with pumpkin puree! Have a great day!
Very useful and definitely very handy.
yummy puree,wonderful post...
Simple pero delicioso puré para cualquier ocasi´pon. besos
very useful post ...thanks for sharing
Super Yummy Recipes
where can we use this puree?
Latest Step by Step Recipe Green Chilli Chutny
Latest Step by Step Recipe Coconut Pachadi
Siris Food Flavours
so funny you are celebrating halloween over there!
@సిరిrecipes coming soon
Dear Aarthi, A very nice recipe for Halloween. The puree is good for so many recipes.
Hope all is well. Blessings dear. Catherine xo
Hello arthi i am so happy to find ur blog.. Can we feed this to babies
@Anonymousyes fcourse you can
can I give this pumpkin purée for dinner?
Can I give this pumpkin purée for dinner?
@Deepayou can give it before 6 pm
Shall I give this to 7 months baby
Shall I give this to 8+ month baby?