Karuppu Kondakadalai Kuzhambu Recipe – Kala Chana Curry with step wise pictures.
Delicious chana kuzhambu which taste so delicious with appam or rice. This is a spicy curry and is highly nutritious. Chana kuzhambu goes great with plain rice and any poriyal or just with some papad. Super delicious kuzhambu.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Kala Chana - 2 cups dry
- Coconut Oil - 2 tblsp
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Tamarind - 2 tblsp
- Chilli Powder - 1 tblsp
- Coriander Powder - 2 tblsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves as needed finely chopped
- Coconut - 1 cup
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 2 tsp
- Soak chana overnight. Drain and take it in a cooker, cover with water. Add little salt and pressure cook for 5 to 6 whistle. Take it off the heat and set aside for the pressure to release. Open the cooker. Take a ladleful of the chana and puree till smooth.
- Take coconut, fennel in a blender and puree till smooth.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add in onions, curry leaves and chillies.
- Add in the cooked chana along with the water, tamarind, pureed chana and mix well.
- Add in spice powders and salt and mx well.
- Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 mins till oil floats on top.
- Now add in coriander leaves and mix well.
1)Soak chana overnight. Pressure cook with some salt till done. Set aside. Take a ladleful of the chana and grind to a smooth paste.
2)Take coconut in a blender
3)Add fennel seeds
4)Puree till smooth.
5)Heat oil in a pan.
7)Add curry leaves and chillies
8)Saute till translucent.
9)Cook till golden
10)Add cooked chana along with the cooking liquid.
11)Add tamarind water
13)Add chilli powder
14)Add coriander powder
15)Add turmeric and salt
16)Add ground chana mix.
17)Add coconut masala
18)Bring it to a boil
19)Cover and simmer for 15 mins
20)Now oil has separated
21)Add coriander leaves