Kerala Banana Chips Recipe - Nendran Chips Recipe with step wise pictures.
Who doesn't love banana chips, it is everyones favourite. My little one goes nuts for it. I prefer to make it at home than buying store bought ones. It is very very easy to make.
Nendran is easily available in my place so making it at home, is not at all a big deal. This recipe is made by my mom for her channel, so i took advantage of that and clicked few pictures for my blog. Check out her videos and make sure you subscribe.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Raw Banana / Nendran - 4
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Water - 3 tblsp
- Oil for deep frying Use coconut oil if you can
- Remove top and bottom of banana. Make slit on the banana. Peel the skin. Immerse the peeled banana in cold water.
- Mix salt, turmeric and water in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Use a slicer and slice the banana directly over the oil.
- Add a little of the salt and turmeric mix.
- Fry till crispy.
- Drain on some paper towel.
- Cool it down.
- Store in a air tight container.
1)Take raw firm nendran
2)Cut both the ends
3)Make slits over it.
4)Peel off the skin
5)Now it is peeled
6)Soak it in cold water, in which a little turmeric powder is added
7)Take salt, turmeric powder in a bowl.
8)Add little water to it and mix well
9)Heat oil for deep frying. For best taste use coconut oil.
10)Slice banana over the oil.
11)once everything is sliced in.
12)Add a little turmeric and salt water
14)Fry till crispy. Then drain it. Serve.
Love this chips thanks for recipy......
Which type of banana is gud to make these kind of chips
nendra banana, kerala banana is best
how to make this chips puffy(like nagercoil chips). how they are making same chips puffy instead of flat. i tried but it is not coming puffy even i tried to cook ground nut oil as well as sunflower oil
I tried your recipe but what went wrong I dont know I fried for long but it didn't turn crispy.