Kokkattan Recipe - Rice & Palm Jaggery Finger Food For Babies with step wise pictures.
Best finger food for babies, this rice and palm jaggery fingers are so easy to make and is very nutritious for your babies. This is rich in carb and iron.
I was waiting for a long time to share this recipe. This is a traditional finger food for babies. It is nutritious and easy to make for your kids. Since it is shaped in long shape, it is easy for your baby or toddler to hold in their tiny hands. The sweetness is from palm jaggery which is very good for babies.
This snack is high in carb and iron.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
There you go, Little Mahi enjoying Kokkattan!
Kokkattan Recipe - Rice & Palm Jaggery Finger Food For Babies
- Rice - 1 cup
- Palm Jaggery - 1 cup
- Water - ½ cup
- Cardamom Powder - ½ tsp
- Dry Ginger Powder - ½ tsp
- Take rice and wash it well. Drain completely.
- Take it in a dry pan and roast on low heat till golden and puffed. Take it in a blender, add cardamom and ginger powder and powder fine. Set aside in a large plate.
- Take palm jaggery, water in a sauce pan and boil till jaggery melts. Strain to a pan.
- Now cook this till the syrup thickens it till take around 6 to 10 mins. Drop a spoonful of syrup in a bowl of cold water. the syrup will stay as it is without melting and you will be able to form a hard ball.
- Now Take the syrup off the heat, add the syrup little by little in small amound of the rice flour. Mix well and shape it into a long shape.
- Set aside. It will harden as it cools.
- Once cooled store in a air tight container.
2)If you add all at once it will harden and you wont be able to make shape.
1)Take rice in a bowl.
2)Wash it well.
4)Take it in a dry pan.
5)Roast on low heat till it gets little puffed and golden
6)Roast on low heat
7)Now it is almost done.
8)Rice is puffed and crispy
9)Take it in a blender, add cardamom powder and ginger powder if you want.
11)Take it in a large plate
12)Take palm jaggery in a sauce pan.
14)Boil till jaggery melts
15)Now it is melted.
16)Strain it in a kadai.
17)Now boil til hard ball stage
18)Take it take around 8 to 10 mins
19)Now it is done.
20)The syrup poured in a bowl of cold water, will be able to form hard ball.
21)Now pour the syrup little by little in a small portion of the flour and mix carefully using spoon.
22) Dont add all at once else you wont be able to shape it.
23)Add little by little.
24)My Mom shaping it for me.
25)Shape it into long shape.
27)Store this in a air tight container and give your baby one each day.
Thank you for the recipe.
Can we use flavoured palm jaggery in place of cardamom and dry ginger?
I found cardamom and dry ginger flavoured palm jaggery which are natural added spices.
yes u can
Raw rice or whc rice to be used