This is my 3rd Lunch meal. And it is a biryani meal. Not veg biryani, it is a chicken biryani meal. One of my favorite meal. I make this mostly on sundays. Hubby’s favorite meal too. This meal consist of Chicken Biryani, Chicken Fry, Onion Tomato Raita, Plain Rice, Simple Rasam, Papad & Badam Kheer.
Check out my other lunch menu too.
This is how i did it.
I use a 2 Burner Stove to make this meal. First decide the menu and start by chopping & cutting the veggies. I ground up ginger and garlic paste for chicken briyani and fry. I cleaned the chicken too.
1) Wash and soak basmati rice for 20 to 30 mins. I soaked badam for kheer too. I added all the rasam ingredients starting from tomatoes, spice powders, garlic, cumin in a blender and made in to a puree. Set that aside till use.
2) I start by marination. Take chicken in a bowl and add all marination ingredients, mix well. Let it rest for 30 mins.
3) While it is resting i make the briyani. I used pressure cooker for it. I added oil, the whole spices, onion, tomatoes, spice powders, curd, chicken, rice and water. Bring it to boil and pressure cook. This will take around 45 mins.
4) While the briyani is cooking on one stove. I fried the chicken on the other stove. It will take somewhere from 20 to 25 mins.
5) When the chicken is frying. the briyani must have cooked. Remove from the stove and let it rest till pressure release.
6)I ground the badam with the milk for badam kheer. Now i take milk in the stove and boil it. When it boils, i reduced it a little. Added badam paste and sugar and cooked it for 15 mins. Now i added cardamom and saffron. Removed it from heat and poured into a jug and trasfered it to the freezer to chilli quickly.
7) When i finish making kheer, the chicken must have fried. I trasfered to a serving bowl. Now i opened the cooker and fluffed the biryani. I tranfered the briyani to a hot caserole and set that aside.
8) Lastly i took my small pressure cooker and made plain rice on one stove and started making rasam on other, I heated oil, added the ground rasam mix, mixed well. Poured water and boiled it once. Switch off the stove and transfer that to a serving bowl.
9) Lastly i made raita. Sliced onions, tomatoes and tossed it with sugar, salt and lemon juice. Mixed in thick curd and pour that in serving bowl.
10) I fried papad at the last minute. Now the rice must be cooked. Open the cooker and fluff it up and trasfer that to serving bowl as well.
11)Enjoy your meal.
Best sidedish for a spicy chicken biryani can be onion raita, you dont need anything for that. But my sister like chicken fry with it. If you wish you could also make chicken curry with this too. I always make plain rice and rasam with my briyani meal. Because it helps in digestion. When i make veg biryani, i make curd rice with it. I will post a veg briyani meal soon.
Here are the links to the recipes in this menu.