Easy Milk Powder Burfi Recipe – Milk Powder Barfi Recipe with step wise pictures
Such an easy desert made using milk powder. It hardly takes 10 mins to make from start to finish. Super delicious one. You need only 4 ingredients and 10 mins to make this desert.
When i was writing down my to-do recipes for this diwali, first thing which came to my mind is the burfi which i saw in a sweet stall. They are called milk burfi and it was in different colours and flavours. Those barfis were not the hard ones, it is the soft ones. I wanted to make that so badly. I also wanted to make chocolate flavoured and layered ones from the barfi.
Couple days back i was looking for that recipe online, and i came across this recipe. I thought of giving it a try and as usual i adjusted the recipe to my liking and it was super delicious.
This whole barfi making process took me under 10 mins from start to finish. And when we took the first bite the barfi was so yummy. It was not too sweet at all. Infact you can reduce the sweetness as per your liking.
Try this recipe for this diwali and you will be glad that you did. For more flavours of this recipe, stay tuned.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Milk powder / Dry Milk Powder - 1 1/4 cup
- Ghee - 1/8 cup
- Milk - 1/4 cup
- Powdered Sugar - 1/2 cup Normal sugar powdered in a blender
- Saffron strands optional
- Nuts sliced optional
- Heat ghee in a nonstick pan, add milk powder, milk and give a mix. Saute this for 30 seconds to 1 min till it is well combined.
- Add in powdered sugar and mix well. In 1 to 2 min the ghee will start to leave the sides of the pan.
- It wont take more than 2 mins.
- Immediately pour it in a grease pan and top with saffron and nuts.
- Leave to cool for 5 mins. Slice and serve.
1)Grease a pan with some ghee and set aside
2)Take sugar in a blender and powder it finely
4)Heat ghee in a pan
5)Once it is melted
6)Add in milk powder
7)Add in milk
9)Saute for 1 min or so till it resembles this look
10)Add in powdered sugar
11)Once the sugar is added. cook on medium heat for 1 to 2 mins
12)Till the whole mix comes into a mass
13)And can you see the ghee separating from the mix.
14)Pour it immediately into the prepared pan and flatten with a spatula
15)Top with few saffron strands
16)Top with some pistachios
17)Cool it for 5 mins and slice it