Millet Milk Pongal or Kuthiraivali Paal Pongal with Step by Step Pictures.
Millet pongal is a healthy version of regular pongal. It has millets used in place of raw rice. You can try this recipe for this pongal.
millet paal pongal is a healthy alternative for regular pongal. It is not only healthy but taste delicious too. This has millets in them. You can use any millet as your choice. I used kuthiraivalli in this and tasted so good.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Ghee - 1 tsp + 2 tblsp
- Yellow Moong Dal / Pasi Paruppu - 2 tblsp
- Millet /Kuthiraivalli - ½ cup
- Milk - 1.5 cups
- Water - 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Heat 1 tsp ghee and add in moong dal and roast for a min.
- Add in millet and mix well.
- Add in milk and water and bring it to a boil.
- Cover and cook till millet is cooked.
- Add in salt and ghee and mix well.
1)Heat ghee in a pan. Add in moong dal.
2)Roast for a min.
3)Add in kuthiraivalli. You can use any millet.
4)Roast for a min
5)Add in milk
6)Add in water
7)Cook till it thickens.