Mini Chocolate Tart Recipe with step wise pictures.
This super delicious chocolate tart is to die for. I used a shortcrust pastry which i used for my gold dust cookies and it was so yummy.
The crispy cookie base has a hint of ginger flavour because of the ground ginger added in it which complimented the chocolate creamy filling.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Mini Chocolate Tart Recipe
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 ⅓ cup
- Icing Sugar or Powdered Sugar - ¾ cup
- Egg - 1
- Unsalted Butter - 60 grams
- Ginger Powder - 1 tsp
- Baking Powder - ½ tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Semi Sweet Chocolate or Any chocolate - 2 cups
- Cream - ½ cup
- Butter - 3 tblsp
- Take butter, sugar and egg in a bowl and mix well till creamy.
- Add in flour, baking powder, salt, ginger powder and make it into a soft dough.
- Divide the dough in half and wrap each dough in plastic wrap.
- Chill the dough in fridge for 1 hour.
- On the last 10 mins, preheat oven to 180 degree C. for 10 mins.
- Roll it between sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap.
- Cut it using round cookie cutters.
- Take each cookies and place it inside a mini muffin pan and press gently.
- Bake for 12 to 15 mins.
- Remove from oven and press the top using a measuring spoon and cool down for 10 mins,.
- Now make filling by taking all three ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and cook in microwave for 1 min.
- Remove from oven and mix well.
- Spoon this into the cases. Top with sprinkles.
1)Take soft butter and powdered sugar in a bowl. I used icing sugar,
you can use normal sugar which is powdered in a blender.
3)Cream it well
4)Add in flour
5)Add in dry ginger powder
6)Add in baking powder
7)Add a pinch of salt.
8)Knead to a dough
9)Divide in half and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill in fridge for 1 hour.
10)Remove it from fridge, unwrap it and roll it between two sheets of plastic wrap.
13)Roll it like this
14)Remove the top wrap. Use this cookie cutter to cut out the cookies
16)take a mini muffin tray
17)Place the cut out cookies in this. Bake till golden
18)use a measuring spoon to flatten the top
19)So it is easy to fill
20)Make filling. Take chopped chocolate in a microwave safe bowl
22)Add in butter
23)melt in microwave for 1 min.
24)Take the tart from the pan
25)Spoon filling inside.
26)Top with sprinkles