Mushroom masala dosa with step by step pictures. Delicious restaurant style mushroom dosa taste amazing.
Dosa is one of the staple food in our home. Hubby loves dosa's and idli's more than anything else. I love experimenting with different types of dosa recipes. You can check out all of them here.
About this Recipe
The fleshy and edible fruit bodies of several species of macrofungi are known as edible mushrooms. They can appear below ground or above ground and can be picked by hand. Criteria for determining edibleness include the absence of poisonous effects on humans as well as desirable taste and aroma.
Soaked and drained rice, fenugreek seeds, and urad daal, also known as black lentils, are used to make dosas. When blended in a food processor with water, the result is a thin batter that ferments until flavorful. The fermentation imparts a lightly sour flavour to the dosas, similar to that of sourdough bread.
My love for mushrooms made me to try out this dosa, and to my surprise it turned out so yum. I used a basic onion tomato masala gravy to put the mushrooms in. If you wish you could add some ground up cashews and coconut paste too and make this stuffing even more rich. I hope you will try this..Off you go to the recipe.
Also check out the other mushroom recipes in this blog.
Ingredients for Mushroom Dosa :
Edible mushrooms have a meaty, earthy, slightly woodsy flavour and are one of the foods that contain umami, the fifth primary taste. Umami is described by chefs as a savoury, brothy flavour that spreads across the tongue and lingers in the mouth.
Tomato flavour is frequently described as sweet, tart, tangy, or well- balanced. flavour is also known as classic tomato flavour or old-fashioned tomato flavour; in some cases. Some tomatoes are described as having a mild or bland flavour.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Mushroom Masala Dosa Recipe | Kaalan Dosa Recipe
- Dosa Batter as needed
- Oil as needed
- For Mushroom Masala:
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Garlic - 1 tblspn minced
- Ginger - 1 tblspn minced
- Onion - 1 large sliced thinly
- Green Chilli - 1 slit and sliced
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp
- Chicken Masala Powder or Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Tomato - 2 medium size sliced thinly
- Mushroom - 200 grams sliced
- Lemon juice - 1 tblspn
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add in ginger, garlic and saute for a min.
- Now add in onions, green chilli and saute for 5 mins till it turns light golden.
- Now add in salt and all the spice powders. Mix well.
- Add in mushroom and toss well with the masala.
- Cook this for 10 mins so the mushroom gets cooked.
- Throw in tomatoes and saute for a couple of mins, so it gets slightly cooked.
- Squeeze in some lemon juice and mix well. Your masala is done.
- Now take dosa batter and start making dosa. Drizzle in some oil and use a spatula to smoothen the top.
- Let this cook for a min so the bottom gets slightly crispy.
- Place some stuffing on one side fold over and serve.
Mushroom Dosa Step by Step
|Take all your ingredients