Oatmeal Millet Pongal Recipe with Step by Step Pictures.
Oats millet pongal is a healthy alternative for regular pongal. It is not only healthy but taste delicious too. This has oats, millets in them. You can use any millet as your choice. I used varagu in this and tasted so good.
If you are looking for a healthy version then you will love it. I used karupatti as sweetner. You can use palm sugar in this too.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Ghee - ¼ cup + 1 tsp
- Yellow Moong Dal / Pasi Paruppu - 2 tblsp
- Millet / Varagu - ¼ cup
- Instant Oats - ½ cup
- Milk - ½ cup
- Jaggery or Karupatti - 1 cup dissolved in ½ cup of water
- Water - 2 cups
- Coconut -1/2 cup
- Cashews - 2 tblsp
- Raisins - 2 tblsp
- Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp
- Dry Ginger Powder - ½ tsp
- Heat 1 tsp of ghee, add moong dal and roast for a min.
- Add in varagu and oats and mix well.
- Add in coconut. milk and water and mix well.
- Cover and pressure cook for 2 whistle.
- Now open the cooker, add in jaggery syrup and cook till it thickens.
- Add in ghee little by little and cook till it thickens.
- Add in cardamom and dry ginger powder.
- Fry cashews and raisins in ghee and add it in the pongal.
1)Heat ghee in a pan, add moong dal.
2)Roast for a min
3)Add in millet. I used varagu
4)Roast for few seconds.
5)Add in oatmeal
7)Add in water
10) )Cover and cook for 2 whistle
11)Now it is cooked
13)Add in jaggery syrup or karupatti syrup.
15)Add cardamom powder
16)Add in dry ginger powder
18)Add in ghee little by little and cook till it thickens
19)Heat ghee in a pan
20)Add in cashews and raisins
21)Fry till golden
22)Add fried cashews and raisins.