Poori’s are my absolute favorite..There are days when we make poori’s thrice even four times a week.They are my favorite foods on the earth. Since i am in diet, since i have to reduce my waist line,since my wedding is very near, i am pushed to avoid this. I am missing my poori’s a lot.. The speciality of poori is it should be puff till you eat this, that why it is called a puuuu—-riiii.. But many of us find it really hard to get perfected in that. The poori’s will nicely puff up when they are in oil, but once you remove them from the oil, they shrunk like a airless balloon..You don’t need that right..So here i am giving you some tips to make the perfect poori, which stays puffed even they are cold..
- Wheat Flour / Atta - 2 cup
- Rawa / Sooji / Semolina - 2 tblspn
- Salt to taste
- Oil- 2 tsp + for deep frying
- Water as needed
- Take sooji in a bowl and pour some water over it.
- Mix it well and allow it to soak for 10 mins.
- Now take wheat flour, salt, oil and the soaked sooji in a bowl and mix with your hands so that everything is evenly mixed.
- Slowly add in water and mix well and make into a dough.
- Knead the dough for 5 mins so that it gets smooth and even.
- Apply some drops of oil on the top and cover it with a bowl.
- Let it rest for 30 mins.
- Now take a portion out of the dough and spread it in to a large thin sheet.
- Take a sharp edge cutting tool( I used a lid of a steel container) and cut small circles out of it.
- Do all the dough like this.
- You can just divide the dough into small balls and roll it out into small pooris too.
- Now time to fry. Heat oil for deep frying. When it is hot drop the poori in and press the top so that it puffs up.
- Cook on both sides till they turn golden.
- Drain and serve with korma or potato masala.
RECIPE IN ENGLISH:
RECIPE IN TAMIL:
Take all your ingrediants
Soak sooji/rawa in water for 10 mins
Take flour, sooji, oil and salt in a bowl
and mix them well
slowly add in water
and make a dough
Take a portion of the dough
and roll it
cut it into small circles
Now fry them in oil
Press on the top with the spoon
so that it puffs up
drain and serve
All beautifully puffed up poori