Portuguese Egg Tart Recipe – Portuguese Custard Tart Recipe with step wise pictures.
Portuguese egg tart is one such recipe which i have been eyeing for quite some time. Finally when i made my puff pastry sheets i made these. It was wonderful.
Wheat Bran Bars
Almond Chocolate Bars
Oatmeal Chocolate Bars
Peanut Butter Bars
Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
Peanut Butter chocolate chip energy bars
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Preheat oven to 220 degree C.
- Start by making the filling.
- Take cornflour, sugar in a sauce pan. Add milk and whisk till no lumps are formed. Add cinnamon stick and mix well.
- Cook till it gets thick.
- Beat 2 egg yolk and pour little hot mix in and whisk well. Then add eggs into the custard and continue cooking till super thick.
- Remove and add vanilla.
- Spread puff pastry sheet and roll it.
- Cut into rounds.
- Place it in the muffin mould and flatten it.
- Spoon custard in and bake it for 15 to 20 mins.
- Remove and cool completely.
- Remove and serve.
1)Lets make custard first. Take cornflour in a sauce pan
4)Whisk till there is no lumps
5)Add cinnamon stick
6)Heat it and keep mixing
8)Take 2 eggs
10)Pour hot milk in this
12)Pour it back into the milk
13)Put it back on flame
15)It will thicken
16)It has to get very thick
17)remove the cinnamon stick
19)Take your puff pastry sheets. I used homemade. you can use store bought too.
20)Spread like a sheet and roll it
21)Then cut it
22)Take your muffin mould
23)Place your piece in
25)Spoon this custard in
26)Bake till done