Puffed Rice Upma Recipe – Arisi Pori Upma Recipe with step wise pictures.
Puffed rice upma is the fastest breakfast you could ever make. It is not only easy to make but taste so delicious. It makes a light snack as well.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Peanuts - 3 tblsp
- Mustard seeds / Kaduku - 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu Paruppu - 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi a pinch
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 1 chopped finely
- Turmeric Powder / Manjal podi a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Puffed Rice - 3 to 4 cups
- Wash puffed rice in water and squeeze it. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add peanut and fry till golden.
- Add in mustard seeds, urad dal and mix well.
- Add in asaofetida and curry leaves.
- Add onions, chillies and saute for a min.
- Add in salt and turmeirc powder and mix well.
- Add in soaked puffed rice and mix well.
1)Take puffed rice in a bowl
2)Rinse it in water and squeeze it immediately
4)Heat oil in a pan. Add peanuts and roast them
5)Add in mustard seeds, urad dal
6)Add in asafoetida
7)Add in onions, green chillies and curry leaves
8)Saute for a min
9)Add turmeric powder
12)Add soaked pori