Besan Bhindi Recipe with step by step pictures. Spiced ladies finger and pan fried till cooked. This besan wali bhindi recipe is one of the easy recipe you could ever make.
This combo takes a place in our menu at least once a week. But after trying this recipe, I am in total love with it. I loved the unique flavour of so many spices coming from this dish. This taste great when it is mixed with hot rice along with a spoon of ghee drizzled on top. Totally YUM. It is so quick to make too so perfect for any weekday too.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Besan Bhindi Recipe | Besan Wali Bhindi Recipe
- 20 Ladysfinger
- For Stuffing:
- 1 cup Gram Flour
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Amchoor Powder / Dry Mango powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- ¼ cup Oil or as needed to make a paste
- Salt to taste
- For Seasoning:
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Nigella Seeds / Kalonji
- 2 Green Chilli
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Mix all the ingredients given for stuffing together till it forms a thick paste.
- Now take the ladysfinger and wash well. Cut them in to long pieces and slit them in the center.
- Take a spoonful of stuffing and stuff the ladysfinger with this and set them aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai or a frying pan and add cumin, kalonji, green chillies and mix well.
- Add in the stuffed ladysfinger and mix well.
- Cover the pan and let it cook for 5 mins on medium heat..Mix often.
- Open the lid and cook it till it gets crispy on outside, be careful not to mush it up..
- Serve hot with rice and dal.
|Take all your ingredients
|First start by making the stuffing..Take a bowl
|add gram flour in this
|add all spice powders
|now it is ready to mix
|form into a smooth paste
|take your fresh okras
|cut the top off
|cut in half
|slit open in the middle
|stuff the filling in
|heat oil add kalonji in
|add cumin seeds
|add green chilli and ladysfinger
|cover and cook for 5 mins
|until half cooked
|now cook on high till the okra gets crisped on outside