Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Rice and Bhaji Recipe - Veg Bhaji with Rice Recipe with step wise pictures
Delicious bhaji served with hot rice taste so delicious for lunch. You will love this tasty dish for sure. Enjoy this hot.
I have never gone to Bombay. I don’t even know how to go there. The only thing I know is about its cuisine. I know that Bombay is famous for its street food. I came across these street foods dishes from one of Tarla Dalal Cookbook namely “Mumbai’s Road Side Snacks”.I have bookmarked so many recipes from that book to try out.
This is just to give you an idea that bhaji can be served with rice too. So i made this platter for lunch one day. You can top the hot rice with some butter if you want as well.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Rice with Bhaji Recipe
- Oil - 3 tblsp
- Potato - 2 large peeled and chopped
- Carrot - 1 chopped
- Beans - 5 to 6 chopped
- Tomatoes - 4 to 5 chopped
- Onion - 2 large chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Capsicum - 1 chopped finely
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder - 2 tblsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 2 tsp
- Amchoor Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Onion for serving
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Take potatoes, carrot and beans in a sauce pan. Add tomatoes. salt, water and cover. Cook till veggies are completely done. Mash it and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions, green chillies and cook till golden.
- Add capsicum and mix well.
- Add in all spice powders, salt and mix well.
- Add water and cook till oil separates.
- Now add in mashed veggies and mix well.
- Add more water as needed.
- Simmer for 15 mins.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Place them in a serving dish. Spoon hot bhaji in it, serve with rice.
- Serve with onions.
1)Take chopped veggies in a pan. I used carrot, beans and potatoes
2)Add tomatoes on top
4)Add splash of water
5)Cover and cook covered on low heat till veggies are completely cooked
6)Now it is done
7)Mash it well
8)I like mine little chunky, so this is the texture i am leaving the veggies
9)Heat oil in a pan
11)Add green chillies
12)Saute them till golden
13)Add in capsicum
15)Add in amchoor powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder
16)Add in kashmiri red chilli powder
18)Add some water
19)Cook till oil separates
20)Add garam masala powder
22)Now it is done
23)Add mashed veggies
25) Add more water as needed. Simmer for 15 mins.
26)Add coriander leaves
27) Mix well
30)Plate hot bhaji in a serving dish
31)Serve with rice