Ripe Plantain Chips Recipe – Nendran Pazham Vathal Recipe with step wise pictures.
Ripe plantain chips or Pazham vathal. One of my all time favourite snack. It is too good to resist. Once you start eating it, you will be keeping on eating it.
Who doesn’t love banana chips, it is everyones favourite. My little one goes nuts for it. I prefer to make it at home than buying store bought ones. It is very very easy to make. I have already shared banana chips. This one is my favorite, it is made using ripe bananas and it taste so sweet and crunchy. Too good.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Nendran Pazham - Ripe Plantain - 4
- Salt to taste
- OIl for deep frying
- Peel the skins off from the bananas, slice it thinly.
- Heat oil for deep frying, drop sliced bananas in hot oil and fry on medium low heat.
- Cook till bubbles subsides from the oil.
- Now drain it and sprinkle with salt.
- Serve or store in a container once cooled.
Check this video for banana chips
1)Take some ripe nendra pazham / plantain
2)Peel off the skin
3)Slice it thinly
4)Now it is all sliced up
5)Heat oil for deep frying
6)Drop the sliced bananas in hot oil.
7)Fry it on medium heat
8)Keep frying till the bubbles on the oil subsides
9)Now it is all beautifully fried up
10)It will look dark, dont worry, it is because of the sugar from the ripe bananas
11)Drain it to a bowl
12)Sprinkle with some salt
13)Shake it well