Rolled Chicken Egg Buns Recipe - Stuffed Egg Buns topped with Chicken & Cheese with step wise pictures.
I have tasted this in a bakery near by and this is my favourite. The pillowy soft buns are filled with a egg filling and topped chicken and cheese . This is perfect to put in your kids lunch box or it will make a great after school snack. The dough and filling can be made a day in advance and stored in fridge.
I used my homemade pizza dough as the base and it was so soft, light and fluffy. You can even add some colourful bell peppers to make it super colourful.
Rolled Chicken Egg Buns Recipe
- Basic Pizza Dough - 1 batch Recipe link given below
- Oil - 1 tblsp + for deep frying
- Onion - 1 large size chopped finely
- Tomato - 2 large chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- Chilli Powder -2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Boneless Chicken - 500 grams chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- Tomato Ketchup - 3 tblsp
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1 chopped
- Chicken Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Egg - 2
- Cheese - 1 cup grated
- Start by making the dough. Let it rise for 1 hour. Link for recipe given below.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onion and saute till golden.
- Add in tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Add in chilli powder, garam masala powder and salt and mix well.
- Add in chopped chicken and mix well.
- Cover and cook till it is cooked.
- Add in ketchup and cook till the mixture dries up. Chiciken filling done.
- Now make egg filling. Heat oil and saute some onions. Now add in salt and chicken masala powder and mix well. Add in eggs and scramble it. Set aside.
- Now take some dough and flatten it out. roll it into a long strip like.
- Now spoon egg filling in it and roll it out. cut it in half and place it in a greased baking pan.
- Place it in a greased baking pan and let it sit for 30 mins.
- In the last 10 mins or proofing, preheat the oven to 200 degree c.
- Now pop it in oven and bake for 15 to 20 mins. Remove from oven.
- spoon some chicken filling and top with cheese.
- Bake for further 5 to 10 mins till cheese is melted
- Remove and serve warm.
1)Start by making pizza dough. using this recipe
2)Take your filling ingredients
3)Heat oil in a pan
4)Add in onions and tomatoes
5)Saute them well
6)Add in salt to taste
7)Add in chilli and garam masala powder
9)Add in cubed chicken
10)Mix that into the masala
11)Now the chicken is almost cooked
12)Take some ketchup
13)Add few tblsp in
14)Mix well and cook till the mixture dries a little
15)Now it is done
16)Heat oil in a pan
17)Add in onions
18)Saute till golden brown
19)Add in salt and chicken masala powder
21)Add in eggs
22)Scramble the eggs
23)Now take the dough and punch the air out of it.
23)Take a small portion of dough
24)ROll it like this
25)Wet the dough using some water.
26)Spoon the egg filling on top.
27)Roll it out
28)Gently roll it
29)Roll till it is sealed
31)Cut in half
32)Place it in a greased baking pan
33)Arrange it in a greased baking pan. Let it rise for 30 mins. In the last 10 mins or rising preheat the oven to 200 degree C.
34)Bake in a 200 degree c preheated oven for 18 to 25 mins
35)Now top the buns with the chicken filling
36)Sprinkle some cheese on top.
37)Bake for another 10 mins
Leave a Reply