Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Sabja Pudding Recipe - China Grass Sabja Pudding Recipe with step wise picture.s
Refreshing and cooling agar agar pudding with a addition of sabja. This gives nice texture to the pudding and makes it taste wonderful.
This is a delicious pudding which has vanill layer in them. I made it in glasses but you can make it in tiny cups for parties. The pudding is so creamy and taste so refreshing.
This is great for summer time, since kids love pudding. This pudding is made using agar agar or china grass as a setting agent. Agar agar is a natural coolant to body. You can use gelatin as a setting agent, but agar agar is much more healthy.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Sabja Pudding Recipe - China Grass Sabja Pudding Recipe
- China Grass / Agar Agar - 10 grams
- Water - ½ cup
- Milk - 500 ml ½ liter
- Sugar - ½ cup 100 grams
- Sabja - 2 tblsp
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Take sabja in a bowl. Add milk or water and leave aside for 10 mins.
- Take china grass in a bowl and add water. Let it soak for 5 mins.
- Take sugar and milk in a sauce pan. Bring it to a boil. Simmer for 15 mins till it is reduced.
- Heat china grass mix till it is melted.
- Take milk off the heat and add the china grass mix, sabja, vanilla and mix well.
- Pour it into mould and chill for few hours or overnight.
1)Take sabja in a bowl
2)Add little milk or water
3)Let it sit for 10 mins
4)It will plump up
5)Take sugar in a sauce pan
7)Bring it to a boil and simmer for 15 mins till the milk is reduced
8)Take china grass / agar agar in a bowl
9)Add water and let it soak for 5 mins
11)Heat and cook till agar agar melts
13)Take the milk off the heat. Add the china grass mix into the milk.
14)Add in soaked sabja
16)Add in vanilla
18)Spoon into the pan and chill for 2 to 3 hours.