Sago Halwa Recipe - Sabudana Halwa Recipe- Javvarisi Halwa Recipe with step wise pictures.
This delicious sago halwa or sabudana halwa is not only easy to make but taste so delicious. You can make this in few minutes and it taste so delicious. Specially kids will love it.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Sago Halwa Recipe
- Sago / Sabudana / Javarisi - ½ cup
- Sugar - ¾ cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Ghee - ¼ cup
- Food Colour a pinch
- Cardamom Powder - ½ tsp
- Cashews - 2 tblsp chopped
- Soak sago in water for 2 hours.
- Drain and take it in a pan, add water and bring it to a boil.
- Cover and simmer the flame.
- Cook on low heat for 10 mins untill sago is soft. Keep mixing often.
- Now Add sugar and mix well.
- Add food colour and mix well.
- Add ghee little by little and keep cooking.
- Add cardamom powder and cashews mix well.
- Continue cooking till it thickens and leaves the sides of the pan in one mass.
- POur this in a greased tray and leave to cool.
- Once cooled, invert and slice it.
1)Take sago in a bowl and soak it in water for 2 hours
2)Drain and add in a heavy bottom pan
4)Cover and cook for 10 mins or so
5)Now sago is cooked
8)Add food colour
10)cook till it thickens
11)Add ghee little by little
12)Cook till it thickens
13)Add cardamom powder
14)Add in cashews
15)Add more ghee
16)Cook till it leaves the sides
17)Pour it into moulds and cool