Savoury Shortcrust Pastry Recipe with step wise pictures.
This pastry is my go to recipe for tarts, pies and quiche. It is not only fool proof but taste so buttery and flaky.
This is one of basic dough for many recipes like Pies,Quiche,Tarts and many more. So I am giving you a step by step detailed recipe for this.The main thing you should know is use half the amount of butter for flour. And also use ice cold water for making the dough.
If you want to make sweet pastry for sweet dessert then check this pastry
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 cups 240 grams
- Cold Unsalted Butter - 120 grams around 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Cold water as needed
- Take flour, salt, pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Add cold butter and rub the butter into flour.
- Add in cold water and mix well to a dough.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and chill for 30 min before using.
- You can use this dough for quiche, savoury tarts or pies.
1)Take flour in a bowl
2)Add salt and pepper
4)Add cold cubed butter
5)Rub it into the flour
6)Now it is well mixed
7)Add cold water
8)Shape it into a dough
9)Wrap it in plastic
10)Chill the dough for 30 mins before using
11)Now lets line the tart mould.
12)Take the dough
13)Rolled the dough
14)Put it in the mould
15)Remove the excess
16)Prick with fork and blind bake.
Once it is baked you can fill with any filling and make it into quiche or pies or tart.