Seeraga Samba Ghee Rice - Seeraga Samba Nei Choru Recipe
Easy seera samba ghee rice or nei choru which taste so yummy with any side dish like chicken curry or mutton curry. You can serve with any veg kurma too.
Seeraga samba rice has a very unique aroma to it. It taste super yummy and so flavourful. The aroma of this rice is so good and it can go well with any side dishes.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Seera Samba Ghee Rice
- Seera Samba Rice - 1 cup
- Coconut Oil - 2 tblsp
- Ghee - 2 tblsp
- Fennel Seeds / Saunf / Sombu - 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1
- Cardamom / Yelakai - 4
- Cloves / Krambu - 3
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Onion - 1 large sliced thinly
- Green Chillies - 3 to 4
- Garam masala powder - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coconut Milk - 1 cup
- Water - ½ cup
- Wash and soak seera samba rice for 30 mins.
- Heat oil in a cooker. Add whole spices.
- Add onions and chillies and saute till golden.
- Add in rice and mix well.
- Add coconut milk, water, salt, garam masala powder and mix well.
- Bring it to a boil and cook on a low heat for 15 mins.
- Take it off the heat and take it in a bowl.
- Add ghee and mix well
1)Take seera samba rice, wash it well and soak for 30 min.
2)Soak for 30 mins.
2)Take all your spices
3)Heat coconut oil in a pressure cooker
4)Add whole spices
5)Fry for a min.
9)Add in green chillies. I used banana pepper, since i ran out of normal chillies
10)Saute them for 5 mins or so.
11)Add in rice.
13)Add in coconut milk.
16)Add in garam masala powder.
17)Add in salt.
18)Cook till rice is done.