Aloo Tomato Curry Recipe with step by step pictures. This is a quick and tasty recipe which is made by cooking potatoes in a simple tomato curry.
Days are running so fast, i couldn't wait to take my love to this world. Just couple of weeks left and i am feeling very very excited as well as thrilled. I am working on as many draft post to keep on hand, so i could keep this blog updated as regularly as i can. So no worries my dear viewers, i will stay in touch with you all even at the peek moment.
About Aloo Tomato Curry Recipe
The one curry which we go for whenever we make battura is this one. This elegant curry pairs beautifully with poori, roti or battura. My personal favorite is having this with batturas. The one cool thing about this is, if you have cooked potatoes in your fridge, You could whip this in no time. I hope you will love this and let me know what you think.
Ingredients for Aloo Tomato Gravy
- Green Chilli
- Salt to taste
- Chilli Powder
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaves
Aloo Tomato Curry (Stepwise Pictures)
|Start by cooking potatoes
- Instead of regular potatoes, use baby potatoes.
- You can use chopped onions and ginger garlic paste.
- Add in green peas along with potatoes.
- Use mustard oil instead of oil.
Aloo tamatar curry can be served with these,
Aloo Tomato Curry Recipe
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 large Onion sliced thinly
- 2 slit Green Chilli
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi
- Salt to taste
- 3 large Tomatoes chopped finely
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 3 large Potatoes
- Water as needed
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Coriander Leaves / Cilantro for garnishing
- Cook potatoes till they are tender, peel them and mash them roughly.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add in onions and saute for a min.
- Add in salt and turmeric powder and cook till they are golden brown.
- Now add in tomatoes and green chilli. Cook this for 5 to 8 mins till they turn mushy.
- Now add in chilli powder and saute for a min.
- Pour in water and mix well. Bring this to a boil. Add in sugar and mix well.
- Now add in the potatoes and simmer for 5 mins.
- Throw in a handful of coriander leaves and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and serve with poori or roti.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.