Spinach Stir Fry with Breadcrumbs (without Coconut) with step wise pictures.
Healthy Spinach Stir fry or Spinach Thoran which is made without coconut and is tossed with breadcrumbs which gives nice sweet taste to the thoran.
Normally we use coconut for making thoran. This version is much healthier because instead of coconut you can add some fresh breadcrumbs. If you dont have breadcrumbs on hand, take few slices of bread and blend it in a blender till it is coarse. You can use those which gives perfect taste.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Spinach Stir Fry with Breadcrumbs
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard, urad dal, dry red chillies and mix well.
- Add onions and saute well.
- Add spinach and toss well.
- Add in salt and mix well.
- Add in breadcrumbs and toss well.
- Keep cooking till spinach absorbs all the moisture.
1)Heat oil in a pan, add mustard, urad dal and dry red chilli.
3)Saute for a min.
4)Add in spinach
6)Season with salt
7)Toss well till spinach is wilted
8)Add in some breadcrumbs
10)Keep mixing so the breadcrumbs will get a chance to absorb the moisture from the spinach
11)Now it is all done.