Sweet Moong Dal Kozhukattai Recipe – Pasi Paruppu Inipu Kozhukattai with step wise pictures.
Healthy and nutritious sweet moong dal modak which taste amazing and is very easy to make as well. You will love to make this for ganesh chaturthi.
A really simple kozhukattai recipe to make for vinayagar chaturti or for kids after school snacks..It is tasty as well as healthy too..I had this on drafts so decided to share this right after my uppu kozhukattai.
- Rice Flour - 1 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Salt a pinch
- Ghee or oil - 1 tsp
- Moong Dal - 1/2 cup
- Jaggery - 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup
- Coconut - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Dry roast moong dal for 2 to 3 mins. Take it in a pressure cooker. Pressure cook for 2 whistle.
- Take it in a pan, add jaggery and coconut and mix till it gets thick.
- Add in ghee and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Heat water so it comes to a boil. Add ghee and salt.
- Take it off the heat and add in rice flour and mix well.
- Cool it down and knead to a soft dough.
- Take small portion from it and flatten it. Stuff it and shape into your favorite shapes.
- Steam for 8 to 10 mins.
1)Dry roast moong dal in a pan
2)Take it in a pressure cooker and cook for 2 whistle
3)Take cooked moong dal in a pan
4)Add in jaggery
8)Add in cardamom powder
10)Mix well. Filling done.
11)Heat water in a sauce pan
12)add in a touch of salt
13)Add some oil
14)Bring it to a boil
15)Take it of heat and add in rice flour
17)remove this to a bowl and allow it to cool down
18)add a tsp of oil
19)make it into a soft dough
20)Take small portion and flatten it
21)Place filling inside
23)Seal it and shape like this