Thai Sticky Rice with Mangoes with step wise pictures.
Easy and delicious thai sticky rice with mangoes. This is a special dessert but taste as good as it sounds. Special thai dessert.
I have been wanting to make this dessert for a very long time. Finally i made it on this mango season and it was a great hit. The dessert was tasty and i am sure it is healthy too.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Sticky Rice - 1 batch cooked recipe here
- Ripe Mangoes - 2 sliced thinly
- Coconut Milk - 2 cups
- Sugar - 1/4 cup + 1/2 cup or more
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Corn flour / Corn starch - 2 tsp
- Sesame Seeds for topping
- Take coconut milk, 1/2 cup sugar, salt in a sauce pan and bring it to a boil.
- Once it boils, remove 1/2 of it to a bowl.
- Now take the cooked sticky rice and pour the coconut milk mix in it. Mix well. Cover and set aside for 1 hour.
- In the meantime. Take remaining coconut milk in a sauce pan, add cornflour and remaining sugar.
- Bring it to a boil. Simmer till it thickens. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Now take the rice in a bowl. Invert it to a plate.
- Spread mangoes on the side.
- Pour the sauce on top and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
1)Take coconut milk in a sauce pan
2)Add in sugar
4)Whisk well. Bring it to a boil
5)Once it boils, take it off the heat
6)Pour half of the mix in a bowl and set aside.
7)I made a batch of sticky rice. Check this link to learn how i cooked this.
8)Pour the sauce over the rice
10)Cover and let it sit for 1 hour.
11)Now lets make the sauce. Take the other half of the sauce back in the sauce pan
12)Add in cornflour
13)Add more sugar
14)Heat till it thickens
15)Now it is nice and saucy
16)Now lets prepare the mangoes.
17)Peel off the skin
18)Slice it thinly
19)Take the rice
20)Spoon it into a bowl
21)Invert it on the serving plate.
23)Place mangoes around it
24)Pour the sauce on top
25)Top with sesame seeds