Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Tomato Bhaji Recipe with Step by Step Pictures.
Easy tomato bhaji recipe taste amazing with idli, dosa, appam or idiyappam. This bhaji is easy to make and taste so yummy.
Serve this with some crisp dosa and it is just amazing.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Tomato Bhaji Recipe
- Oil - 4 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Tomato - 4 chopped finely
- Chilli Powder - 1 tblsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tblsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Pottu Kadalai / Pori kadalai - 2 tblsp
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 2 tsp
- Powder gram dal and fennel seed in a blender.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard and let it sizzle.
- Add in onions, tomato and saute with some salt. Cook till it gets mushy.
- Add spice powders and mix well.
- Add in powdered dal and mix well.
- Add water and mix well.
- Cover and simmer for 10 mins.
- Serve with idli or dosa.
1)Take gram dal and fennel seeds in a blender.
2)Powder it fine
4)Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds
5)Add in onions
6)Add in tomatoes
7)Add in salt
9)Cover and cook
10)Cook till tomatoes get mushy
11)Add in spice powders
13)Add in gram flour powder
15)Add in water
17)Cover and cook
19)Cover and simmer