Treacle Scones Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super delicious and caramely scones flavoured with treacle. I used my homemade treacle in this recipe which gave very delicious taste.
I have already shared a real irish scones recipe which got really good response. So i decided to share a eggless version. This one is flavoured with treacle and currants which taste best together. This scones taste amazing with a cup of tea or coffee. So buttery and delicious.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Treacle Scones Recipe
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 cup
- Brown Sugar - ¼ cup
- Baking Powder - 1 ¼ tsp
- Baking Soda / Cooking Soda - ¼ tsp
- Cinnamon Powder - ¼ tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Dried Currants - ¼ cup
- Unsalted Butter - ⅛ cup
- Dark Treacle - 2 tblsp
- Buttermilk - ¼ cup + more if needed
- Melted Butter for brushing on top
- Sugar for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 210 degree c.
- Take flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, currants in a bowl and mix well.
- Take butter, molasses, in a sauce pan and heat gently till it is melted.
- Take it off the heat and cool it down. Add buttermilk and mix well.
- Now add the melted butter mix into the flour and mix gently.
- Spoon the whole mix into the floured surface.
- Flatten it gently.
- Cut into triangles.
- Arrange it in a parchment lined baking pan, brush with butter and sprinkle with some sugar.
- Bake for 15 to 20 mins.
- Remove and brush with more butter.
1)Take flour in a bowl.
2)Add brown sugar
3)Add baking powder
4)Add baking soda
7)Add in currants
9)Take butter in a sauce pan
10)Add treacle. I used my homemade treacle.
11)Now heat gently
12)Set aside to cool
13)Once cooled add buttermilk. I added some milk to thick curd and whisked till it is thin
13)Add it in
14)Gently shape it into a dough
15)Spoon it into the floured surface
17)Cut into triangles
18)Arrange it in a baking tray
19)Brush top with butter
20)Be genrous with butter
21)Sprinkle top with sugar
22)Bake till done