Zucchini Pasta Bake Recipe with step by step pictures. Delicious pasta bake with zucchini, white sauce and cheese.
I thought to make some baked pasta dish yesterday and made a baked pasta dish yesterday itself. I added some vegetables to it and turned it like a baked vegetable pasta dish. It came out so good, I can't wait to share it with you. Hence I am posting it immediately.
There are two kinds of sauces going in it. One is a vegetable sauce and another one is a cheesy white sauce, which makes the pasta hold together and crisp up beautifully in the oven. I topped it with some extra mozzarella cheese on top to make it even more cheesy cheesy. You know I like everything more cheesy.
📖 Recipe Card
Zucchini Pasta Bake Recipe (Baked Zucchini Pasta)
- Pasta - 3 cups any shape, I used disc
- Water - 8 cups
- Salt - 2 tblspn
For Vegetable Mixture:
- Olive Oil- 2 tblspn
- Garlic - 4 cloves minced
- Zucchini - 1 large diced
- Bell pepper - 1 diced
- Carrot - 1 diced optional
- Mushrooms - 1 cup diced optional
- Oregano - 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Flakes - 2 tsp
- Tomato ketchup - 3 tblspn
- Salt to taste
For White Sauce:
- Butter - ¼ cup
- All purpose Flour / Maida - ¼ cup
- Milk - 500 ml
- Mozzarella Cheese - 1 cup grated
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Oregano - 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Flakes - 1 tsp
- Mozzarella Cheese - ½ cup grated
Step 1: Cooking Pasta
- Take water in a large pot and add salt to it. Bring this to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook as per package instructions. Drain and transfer it to a large mixing bowl.
Step 2: Cooking Vegetable Sauce
- Now make the vegetable sauce. Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Add in minced garlic and saute this for a min.
- Add in all the vegetables and toss well for 3 mins.
- Add in salt, oregano, red chilli flakes and tomato ketchup. Mix well. Vegetable sauce is done.
Step 3: Cooking White Sauce
- Now make the white sauce. Heat butter in a pan.
- Add flour to it and saute for a min.
- Slowly add in milk and mix well.
- Cook everything for 3 mins.
- Add in grated cheese and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Step 4: Assembling and Baking
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree C / 400 degree F.
- Pour the vegetable mixture and white sauce over the cooked pasta and toss well.
- Transfer this to a butter baking dish and sprinkle oregano and chilli flakes over it.
- Bake this in a preheated oven for 25 mins.
- Remove this from oven and sprinkle cheese over it and bake again for 5 mins.
- Remove it carefully and allow it to cool a bit.
- Serve with some garlic bread.
Zucchini Pasta Bake Recipe Step by Step Pictures
|Take all your ingredients..Add Red Chilli flakes too..
|I am using a disc shaped pasta for this
|Boil lots of water with some salt
|add pasta in
|drain it and set aside
|Now make the vegetable sauce..Heat olive oil in a pan
|add in minced garlic
|add the vegetables
|sprinkle some salt
|sprinkle in red chilli flakes and oregano..
|pour some ketchup
|done..Set this too aside
|Now make the white sauce..Heat butter and add in flour
|mix well and cook it
|pour in milk
|and mix well
|add in grated cheese
|season with salt and pepper
|Now lets mix...Take pasta in a bowl
|add vegetable mixture
|and white sauce
|mix well...I know that looks like a mess, but it taste so good
|Transfer this to a greased bowl
|sprinkle with oregano and red chilli flakes
|bake it in oven
|till the top is golden and crisp
|sprinkle some grated cheese
|and bake it for few minutes till all melts
|serve with garlic bread