Wheat Flour Sev Recipe – Godhumai Oma Podi Recipe – Easy Diwali Snacks.
Wheat flour sev is a different option of snack to make for regular sev. This one will be kids favorite and is perfect for this diwali.
I have missed posting so many traditional snack recipes in my blog. One of the common one which we make in our house is sev. It is so simple to make and takes very little effort and ingredients. But it taste so yummy. A perfect snack to accompany your evening tea or coffee.
This is a non spicy one, which kids relish a lot. I will soon post the spicy version of sev soon. I will be posting couple more traditional snack recipe soon. So keep looking for it.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Wheat flour - 1 cup
- Ajwain / Carom seeds / Omam - 1 tblsp
- Water - ¼ cup
- Salt to taste
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya podi a pinch
- Oil - 1 tsp + for deep frying
- Grind carom seeds and strain it.
- Take all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Add carom seed water and shape it into a sticky dough.
- Now place it in the sev press and press it above hot oil.
- Fry till crispy
1)Take ajwain in a blender
2)Add some water
3)Grind it till smooth
5)Press and extract as much juice as possible.
6)This is the carom seed water
7)Take wheat flour in a bowl
9)Add in asafoetida
11)Add in carom seed water
12)Make a sticky dough
13)Place the sev mould in
17)Fry till crispy
18)Drain and serve