Wheat Flour Upma Recipe - Godhumai Maavu Upma Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious and healthy wheat flour upma which is so easy to make and taste yummy too. This is a quick option for breakfast.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Wheat Flour Upma Recipe
- Wheat Flour - 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Chana Dal - 1 tblsp
- Urad dal - 1 tblsp
- Peanuts - 1 tblsp
- Curry Leaves a sprig
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi a pinch
- Dry Red Chilli - 2 broken into small pieces
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Dry roast wheat flour in a pan till you get nice aroma. Take it in a bowl, add some water and mix so it is nice and crumbly in texture.
- Heat oil add in seasoning ingredients and onions. Saute for a min.
- Add in chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
- Add wheat flour in and mix well.
- Sprinkle water and mix well. Cover and cook for 10 mins.
- Serve hot.
1)Take wheat flour in a dry pan
2)Dry roast on medium heat
3)Remove it to a plate
6)Mix well so it gets into a coarse mix
7)Heat oil in a pan
8)Add in peanuts
9)Add chana dal
10)Add mustard seeds
11)Add in asafoetida
12)Add in dry redchillies and curry leaves
17)Add in chilli and turmeric powder
18)Add wheat flour mix in
20)Add some water
21)You have to sprinkle the water in
22)Cover and cook
23)Cook for few mins
Tried this recipe today.. It turned out good.. Thank you
Good. Nicely explained with illustration.!