White Chocolate Mocha Cake Recipe with Step by Step Pictures. Soft cake made with white chocolate mocha cake which taste delicious.
When i was cleaning my baking cupboard, i found 3 big packet of white chocolate lying around. And i wanted to use it immediately because they are nearing their expiry dates. So decided to add it to a mocha cake which i was planning to do. And it turned out great. White chocolate and coffee went well together. My next attempt is to make a white forest cake.
About this Recipe
Mocha cake is a moist, fluffy chocolate cake layered with coffee buttercream and topped with coffee beans. The term mocha refers to a coffee and chocolate blend. Mochas are a type of coffee that originated in Yemen and have a pleasant
chocolate flavour. This coffee is usually sweet and comes with a layer of milk on top.
Who invented coffee cake?
Nobody knows who created the coffee cake. The delectable treat appears to have evolved from other types of sweet treats. The first coffee cake was most likely made in Germany, specifically in Dresden.
I used a basic eggless chocolate cake recipe and modified it to my taste. It turned out soft and moist, just perfect.
Ingredients for White Chocolate Mocha Cake Recipe :
All Purpose Flour / Maida :
Maida requires more oil or butter when baking or cooking because it is lighter and rises faster, which is why bakers prefer maida to atta. All-purpose flour can be used for a variety of tasks, including baking, cooking, coating meats and vegetables, and thickening sauces and gravies. To manufacture all-purpose flour, a blend of hard wheat (which has more gluten) and soft wheat is crushed together.
Cocoa Powder :
Cocoa powder is primarily used as a flavouring agent in baked goods such as cookies, ice cream, dairy drinks, and cakes. Aside from flavouring, it is also used in the production of coatings for confectioners or frozen desserts. Cocoa powder is also used in the beverage industry, for example, to make chocolate milk.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
White Chocolate Mocha Cake Recipe
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour / Maida (120 grams)
- ¼ cup Cocoa Powder plus more
- ½ tsp Baking Soda / Cooking Soda
- 2 tsp Instant Coffee Powder
- a pinch Salt
- ½ cup Sugar (100 grams)
- 1 cup Water (240 ml)
- ¼ cup Oil (60 ml)
- 1 tbsp Vinegar or Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- ½ cup White Chocolate chopped or use chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Take a round cake pan or any of your favourite mould and oil it well. Sprinkle cocoa over and coat it on all sides. Set aside.
- Take flour, cocoa, baking soda in a sifter and sieve well.
- Take oil, water, sugar, coffee and vanilla in a bowl and whisk well.
- Add in the flour mix and fold gently. Fold in the white chocolate and mix well.
- Pour this in the prepared pan and bake for 35 to 40 mins.
- Insert a tooth pick to check whether the cake is done, if the toothpick comes clean then the cake is done..
- Remove it and let it cool for 15 mins. Invert it and cool completely.
- Dust with some icing sugar and serve.